Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 5, Part II (abridged)


Tuesday, Continued.

Again I went to visit Matt late.  He was groggy but helpful.

 While I was there, he was moved to oncology! Hooray!

Found out he had no transfusions on day five, so the bleeding must be under control... FINALLY.

But I'm stressed out about the papers I need to fill out. I went there, but didn't really have the concentration or the umph needed to cope. I fell asleep in my chair, then jolted awake, wired.

That, my friend, is how subtle a panic attack can be.  I had no idea I was even having one.

That is, until I was dealing with crushing pain in my right arm, a stabbing pain in my eye, and pressure in my chest that didn't brook ignoring. Oh, and I was passing the ER on my way out of the hospital.  So...
why not go in for a social visit?

Yep, discovered that my heart is fine, and my vitals are approaching magnificent. But my anxiety is through the roof, and I should do something about that.

Ya think?

The arm is from some neck tension gone horribly awry. Not that this at all surprising, considering scoliosis and arthritis... and I'm a vetran at all of this stuff.

  Better safe than sorry.

 Extra special thanks to J for keeping my relative sanity up while waiting for the ER to figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment