Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 15




Saturday

Today is a day of rest. I'm finally catching up on my reading, and we are finally catching a breath.

So It's pretty boring.

As for Matt: tumor is a fraction of it's former self, but sitting down without pain is still an issue. Arguably, the pain issues are accelerating because of the radiation. Ironically that also means it's healing.

As for me:  I'm still dealing with deep seated tiredness issues, and straining to find ways to recoup some deep reserves energy.  Most of my classical methods require more energy and concentration than I have at the moment.

Oh, and I'm also catching up on some of those tasks that have been dropped for the past month while I dashed around in emergency mode. It's going slower than I'd like, but until my reserves are refilled at least a little, that's probably prudent.

And thanks to friend M, I talked to a friend, Dr. N.  Okay, he's Dr N in a month. But still.
He suggested some things I could do for sleep.  Thank you Jesus.  And Thank you, Dr. N.  Turns out my local "open late grocery" with the seemingly overdeveloped vitamin/supplement section does not  have what he recommended, but there is always tomorrow.  And I will make an exception for my usual rule to avoid shopping on Sunday. If the Sunshine co-op on steroids doesn't have it, the GNC will. I think both of those are open.

But there is another bene for going out tonight to look for things.  I got yogurt. And that is the first time since we got home that Matt has truly been interested in food.  WIN!  That was a Dr. N suggestion I should have thought of, to be honest.  But that's a portion of what doctors do... remind you of the things you should know that seem less important than  CANCER! CANCER! CANCER!

When in fact, it's those little things that make it possible to get through something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment