Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 2.



Sunday
We had an early morning bleed out. I got it under control with a little pressure and moisture, so I didn't think much of it.
So tired I spaced and did not make the 10 am mass.
I did NOT want to wait until the 12:00... or go to any of the parishes that do an 11 am.
But I did anyway.  It wasn't so bad. I wish they had... different tastes for music, shall we say.
It shouldn't be an issue, and I honestly didn't hink it would bother me with such world shattering issues to deal with at home.

Somehow, it made that worse.  I've had "We are Called" stuck in my head all day. There's nothing offensive about it, nothing against God, but the insipid melody grates on my nerves. I had to fight falling asleep-- or was it passing out?-- during homily.  Did I mention that today's priest has a delivery reminiscent of Billy Mays?  His voice is curiously not grating, but he is not much affected when the mics fade out.


At any rate, I was seriously fading by the time I got to my lunch destination. They no longer make duck.  Fortunately, I wasn't faint and cranky enough to walk out.  The lamb was a lot better than I remembered it.
Kudos to the new chef.  But fix that duck problem, STAT.

Things went well until... around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment