Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 11


Next day I am still tired. Need a bit more Benadryl, make the mistake of taking 2.
I am a zombie for the rest of the day. I manage to get myself the cat fed and a number of errands done. But run late for the Rad appointment. After be is dropped off, I go get food. I have to, before I hit a wall. Then a few errands, then call for Matt's food. he has to eat something, and this simple option seems idea.

So then we have to see the doctor again to get the chemo. I'd thought we'd have plenty of time to make a brief stop on the way, but no dice. We go straight there, and I figure that I'll just drop him off and pick up the food. Except he's not doing well, and I realize I cannot leave him alone.

The time in the waiting room is very stressful, and Matt isn't taking it well.

Everything seems to be okay once I actually get him in to see the doctors. After the nurses seem satisfied with what they see, and are getting him set up for chemo, I go out to pick up the food.

I come back. Everyone is still standing around, and Matt looks even paler than when I saw him before.
But the quick labs came back when I was gone, and now they refuse to do chemo. He's too sick, he has an infection. They tell me to take him to the ER. I suddenly realize that he hasn't eaten all day, and it was my fault.

But I did have a rice crispy treat in the car, a nice chunky big one. I could give it to him to eat.

Things got confusing, and Matt was saying he'd not have time to eat... and many other worries. I told him that his job was not to think, his job was to eat. I would do the thinking at least until we got him to the hospital again.

The NP also gave him a big chilled bottle of water. He thought it was luke warm when to my touch it was ice cold.

We eventually made it into the hospital, and the doctor told us he'd do his best to keep Matt out of ICU. That way he didn't get a foley. Because catheters suck. Especially for Matt for various reasons.
He didn't sleep the whole time he had one in, for example. Three days is a long time to go without sleep.

I picked up some stuff and came back, and by then he already had a room.
Then I came home and crashed. More Benedryl and a Tylonol. Hopefully any other disasters can wait until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment