Friday, October 30, 2015

Oct 30


I can't backfill anymore. But here's what's happening...

Matt went from ICU to Oncology.

Now, Matt is in Rehab.

Had J and A visit. They made sanity. The came and visited Matt, helped me around the house, etc.
A very good time was had by all, and I will post a supplemental about how awesome they are.

I thought I'd have a nice quiet week to update the blog, clean the house, and figure out next steps.

THEN the Inlaws arrived, and it's been stressful, though not as bad as it could be.  Their crimes extended to dogging me until they had the info they wanted then staying longer than they promised.

As unfortunate as that is, it could have been worse.

I've had some mental issues lately, probably because I'm overwhelmed, and Matt's coming home and I don't feel ready. Also, miscellaneous friendship stuff that is stupid but affects me anyway.

 He did well after the first dose of chemo, really making progress... filling out a bit in the face...  there's been some odd drainage, which the nurses haven't explained to me. If I wasn't getting a big present on Monday that's likely to eat my day, I'd call up the ward and see what time wound care comes for him and see if I can't talk to them about it in more detail.

But that triggered the doctors to do a CAT or CT scan.  Not sure which. Maybe they are the same thing, and different people call it different things.  I've had that happen before.

So he went in tonight.  He didn't look well for a number of reasons, but most of them probably have to do with drinking liquid Barium, being off liquids, and basically feeling like suck in preparation for the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment