Thursday, November 5, 2015

Nov 3.


This is a red letter day for furry rodentia living in my house.  
YOU. WILL. DIE.
That is all.




UPDATE: Info you actually came here to read...
Matt has a  new doctor on his team who has some ideas about what to do next.
The cyst/swollen lymph node is starting to shrink, even without radiation.  This is a good sign.

On the "other news" front, they had to give him another unit of blood. He was VERY pale when I saw him
at 2:00 or thereabouts. Also tired and out of it. He was looking much better when I came back, which was shortly after the blood was administered.  Apparently his platelets are low. And it is thought that this is a source of many of his problems.  I suspect this has Significance to oncologists. 

What it means?

Not so sure.  It is hard to ignore that various hospital-ly interventions are required to keep him looking
and thinking well.  Generally they don't put someone back in ICU because one is doing better.

He's also on oxygen now.  I don't know for how long,but his OX levels were a bit low.  He is now much perkier than when I saw him before, but still pretty tired. He did't sleep well last night, and he still seems exhausted from PT.

If that weren't enough, his aunt... AND his mother are coming back this weekend.

I'm happy to see his aunt, who is Matt's favorite relative and all around awesome lady.   But... I reacted vociferously to his mother "not" inviting herself along.  When I first reported this news to Matt, he seemed like he was on the same page and told me he'd take care of it so we can spend some quality time with his favorite aunt.

But... now he's changed his mind and swears this is a good thing. That he can-- or at least should-- deal with both of them at the same time. That this will somehow give us more slack in future. 

 Um, really? 

 I'm NOT pleased by this. 

But, it is my duty to execute his wishes, and not alter them for my comfort.  I'm also not getting "roll over" vibes from him, so there's that.
She implied in her last letter that there is still information she wants/needs but I've pretty much told her all that I know.  *shrug*

Here we go again.


No comments:

Post a Comment