Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 20


Wednesday

Note to self: Early morning chemo appointments are problematic at best.  In short, there is no good time to do chemo. It just always sucks.  Though pain management (or lack thereof) had something to do with it.

Today was special in that we were shunted off to see a doctor on a day when the doctors were not seeing patients.  We waited over half an hour before people noticed that maybe Matt seated in a horrible waiting area where he has no accommodation to his pain is a bad idea.
Then we got the needle replaced and the new drug packet installed for the pump. Fortunately, that waiting area is actually designed help hurting folks be more comfortable, so it was much better. He even felt cooler in there than in the cramped office room, but I thought the cosy waiting  area was actually a little warmer.

Not sure who was right, there.

After I got Matt home, I zoned out for a while, made lunch, and got Matt something too. He actually wanted some coleslaw that I made.  Knowing how I feel when all I want to eat is yogurt and ensure, I was stunned to hear it.  He even liked a recipe I'd made for myself.  That was kind of cool, actually.

Then I got our supplies ordered. Apparently, these types of wound dressings are not much in demand. I have been to a grand total of six places that don't carry them.  I finally got them from the first place I went to, that kind of creeped me out at first. Then I discovered that they are affiliated with a home care store.  I went there and ordered extra thick "Chucks" otherwise known as "under pads". They have nothing to do with underwear except you lay on top of them.

We had a nice talk and got all the stuff we need for a dressing change for the next month.  Also got enough chucks to last a month, too.  So it was a long term win. All my stuff is set to arrive on Monday.  Though the chucks I have to pick up from the store.

Then we did radiation. Again.  Well, at least I got to read for half an hour in a pleasant waiting area inside the hospital.   I sat down and found a cosy looking hideaway and was startled when Matt found me.
But I wanted to look at trees, not people. So... yeah, one of those days.

My days revolve around tiny details these days. But I have to keep them all in the air at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment